face fear

Eyes and expression placements.
 After doing all of the stop frame animation I had initially planned to add expressions on top of my stop frame characters model face.. However, this was more of a challenge then I had intended.

Initially, I had planned to use motion path tracking and hoping by learning this I could already use the dark beads I had placed for guidelines for the eyes but ..Unfortunately when I was testing this in animation clips it continued to crash after many attempts I decided to try a few other ways of working on this piece,

attempt 1
With mask shapes (weird shape movements) 

attempt 2
 Digially drawing in photoshop (too many layers)

Applying photoshop shapes to frames (distorted effect) 

last attempt 3
Mask shapes individual 

This was the most effective in shape and matching the movements but overall this has been too time consuming to persue as a final effect even if it is what I would have initially preferred. 

second setup

Within my animation there are two setups and environments, the first one was the garden which was the larger scene I had been working on first, the second being the classroom,

The classroom was more difficult, as making functional items for my child character to be sitting in like the chair had to be designed to be supportive, but also to an appropriate scale and sturdy. This and the desk has taken two attempts to make properly using diffent glue and wood.

The original worked as a good mock-up to get a idea of scale and that I should have used a different wood base and a more strong adhesive then than glue gun which only had a temporary hold.

I also worked on props within the set that, I remembered seeing in a classroom environment, like the teachers desk, bookshelf and chest of storage drawers.
I tried to duplicate this style with blocks of wood, priming the first before working out where I would apply the detail with paint.

Other things I hand painted where the walls of the classroom, which I designed to still fit within my chosen colour scheme of blues oranges and browns (instead of the typical white wash walls).
I added imagery that would be recognise in a classroom environment, like children's drawings, a blackboard and visual displays of maps or letters.